This recipe is packed with protein and you can use any veggies you have in your refrigerator. It comes together in a snap for a great weekday meal the whole family will enjoy. Serve it in a bowl or use it as a filling for Lettuce Wraps. YUM!
Prep Time 5 min.
Cook Time 20 min.
Total Time 25 min.
- 2 Tbls of Toasted Sesame Oil and/or Peanut Oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup baby bok choy, red pepper or any other veggie you have on hand
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of protein of your choice (ground beef/pork/turkey, leftover shredded chicken, shrimp)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbls chili-garlic sauce or other hot sauce you like
- 1 14oz bag of shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 Tbls GF Tamari
- 1 Tbls rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds, green onion, chopped cilantro for garnish
- Peanuts or almonds (optional)
- Pour sesame and peanut oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, mushrooms, bok choy/red pepper/other veggie and garlic. Saute, stirring frequently until the vegetables begin to soften slightly.
- Add ground meat of your choice, grated ginger & 1 Tbls of hot sauce and cook until the meat/chicken/shrimp is cooked through.
- Add coleslaw mix, tamari, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and stir well until combined. Cook, stirring regularly, until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon a hearty helping of the mixture into a serving bowl or use as the filling inside lettuce leaves for Lettuce Wraps.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, green onions, cilantro and nuts and serve with some extra sauce on the side (3 T tamari, 1 T rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp. chili-garlic sauce, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tsp grated ginger).